Getting Things Done – 5 Lawn Chair Cushions Completed
Posted by supermom on July 13, 2011
Last week, for WIP Wednesday, I posted pictures of the lawn chair cushions that I was in the process of making. Well this Wednesday, I can report that the lawn chair cushions have been moved to the 2011 – Projects Completed list.
Here’s a before picture.
Of the 5, the one on the left was in the best condition and the one on the right was in the worst. The others were in varying condition between those two extremes.
A comparison picture… before and after.
When I was editing that picture to downsize it, I realized that we’d put the cushion in the chair backwards, but as the cushions are all finished now, it’s too late to take another before and after, so here’s a better picture of one of the finished cushions in the chair with the cushion facing the way its supposed to.
To keep this project as economical as possible we reused the batting (after washing it) from all but the seat of the worst cushion and I also covered the old buttons with the main upholstery fabric so that we could reuse those.
I’m working on a how-to post detailing the steps I took when recovering the lawn chair cushions… from making the pattern to cutting the fabric to sewing the cushions together.
And here are the lawn chairs with their newly recovered cushions.
We can once again use all 5 of our lawn chairs. I may have to invite the neighbours over for a cold drink and a visit on the front porch, just so that I can to show them off.
6 Responses to “Getting Things Done – 5 Lawn Chair Cushions Completed”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.