The Traveling Stash Giveaway
Posted by supermom on July 22, 2011
The Traveling Stash Giveaway is Now Closed
On Wednesday, when I got back from swimming laps at the Y, I had a surprise waiting for me. The Traveling Stash had arrived. USPS was lightning fast this time as Natasha only mailed it on Monday.
This is what was in the box when it arrived:
Included in the box was a list of all the people who received the box before me. The Traveling Stash got its start back in January of this year by the lovely lady Nan from Pots and Pins. After making several stopovers for destashing and refilling the stash box had gotten so packed with goodies that Kelly from Charming Chatter split the stash into two boxes. The Traveling Stash that I received is Box #2.
Here’s what I chose from the box:
I also cut enough fabric for three WoF strips at 2 1/2” and two at 5” from this fabric as I’ve started to collect white on black background/black on white background fabrics after being inspired by this D9P and this jelly roll 1600 that Corina from CW Quilts… Sometimes made.
The rest of that piece of fabric went back into the box.
Here’s what I added to the box:
I also added these 6 1/2″ squares to the I-Spy kit that Natasha started.
And since I’m collecting bug fabric for a Bug Jar Quilt, I started a bug jar quilt kit. There are only four squares in it but I thought that perhaps others might add to it as the box makes its travels and eventually someone will have enough squares to make a quilt.
Another thing I discovered after opening the box was that there were more goodies than just those related to quilting, so if there’s any room left to fit more in the box, I’m going to go through some of my craft supplies and see what little treasures I can find to add.
Now down to what you’ve been waiting for… the giveaway.
These are the rules:
- You must have a blog. (I will check)
- After you have taken what you want from the box and refilled it, you must be willing to send the stash on its way by hosting your own giveaway.
- This giveaway will be open until Friday, July 29th. I will choose a winner on Saturday and mail the Traveling Stash out the following Monday.
- Because of the weight of this box, entries are open only to the US. (I took the box to the post office this morning to check on international mailing prices. The box weighs almost 12 lbs and anywhere outside the US the price starts at $35 and goes up from there.)
- Entering is simple… leave a comment on this post. It can be anything (within the bounds of politeness) from how you’re surviving the heat wave to what projects you’re currently working on.
Good Luck to Everyone!
12 Responses to “The Traveling Stash Giveaway”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.