Pay It Forward Gift Received and My Turn to PIF
Posted by supermom on October 13, 2011
Back in May of this year, Jane from Sew Create It posted about the Pay It Forward gift she had received and then asked for three bloggers who would be willing to sign up to continue the Pay It Forward fun.
I was lucky enough to be visiting Jane’s blog shortly after she posted and opted to play along by being the first to comment.
Jane is a fellow Canadian who lives in England with her husband and two daughters. We Canadians really do scatter ourselves across the globe, don’t we?
You really should check out her blog not just for the quilts she makes but for her lovely photography, as well.
My Pay It Forward gift(s) from Jane arrived in the mail yesterday.
It was so exciting to receive a parcel from “across the pond” as the Brits used to say when we were posted to CFB Suffield in southern Alberta.
And I just had to take a picture of the Royal Mail postage.
Inside were these lovely surprizes.
I adore the print that Jane chose for the tea cup on the mug rug and the matching tissue holder. They’re ones I could see choosing for myself. Notice the lines of quilting done to indicate the steam coming off the tea… how fun is that!
I am, like most Canadians of my aquaintance, a tea drinker and I’ll be trying out the different varieties in the box of tea Jane sent when I have my morning cup. And the chocolate… well I’m please to say that I did show a bit of restraint. I’ve only eaten half and will save the other half for a treat tomorrow.
Thank you so much Jane. I’m just thrilled with everything you sent.
And now to fulfill my part of the Pay It Forward:
How does it work?
- I will make a little something for the first 3 people who opt in to participate in Pay It Forward. International are welcome to join in.
- It will be a surprise and it will arrive when you least expect it….well almost. I’m bound to need to contact you for your address :).
- I will have 365 days to do it in.
- To get a handmade present from me, you have to play too! This means YOU pledge to send a little handmade something to 3 readers of your blog.
- It doesn’t have to be quilty – just handmade.
- You must have a blog.
- Once you receive your “little something”, you must post about your Pay it Forward on your blog to keep the fun going – be sure to use the Pay It Forward badge…and please only opt in of you can commit to keeping it going :).
3 Responses to “Pay It Forward Gift Received and My Turn to PIF”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.